Yup. I'm starting this RP.
I was going to wait, but I couldn't get the idea out of my head.
Hope you guys enjoy it.
'Why am I here?' Yong Hee thought to herself, slumping against the wall.
She stared out at the crowd of people feeling completely and utterly out of place. This was a party for models and designers, not lackeys to said models and designers. She barely even qualified as a lackey anyway.
She blew a strand of hair out of her eyes and sighed. With a quick glance at her boss, she crept out of the hotel where the party was being held.
Her boss, a big up-and-coming fashion photographer, had been thoughtful enough to book her a room. Considering her boss was busy getting wasted, he probably wouldn't miss her if she left.
She weaved through drunken models with coked-out eyes and twig-like fingers. This was the darker side of modelling that made her sick. Of course, not every model out there was like the shells in the hotel, but Yong Hee had been in the business for a while. She knew that, more often that not, models would succumb to some sort of vice to stay beautiful.
Once she was out in the hall, away from the booze and smoke and living twigs, she breathed a sigh of relief. Her room was on the 6th floor; the party was on the 8th. She decided that taking the stairs wouldn't hurt her at all.
The stairs, too, however were filled with models and designers alike, passed out along the staircase. She stumbled over the bodies, nearly tripping headfirst over a particularly still-looking male model.
"Hyuuu~ng, I'm not drunk! I'm fiiiine!"
Two men stood outside the door to the 6th floor, effectively blocking her means of escape. The taller of the two stared down at his obviously drunk friend, who weaved and bobbed like a drugged up butterfly.
"No, Kai," he said. "You've had enough. We're going back to your room and you're going to bed."
The smaller boy -- Kai -- pouted. "NOT GOING!" He cried, tripping up the staircase with surprising speed for a drunk guy.
His friend sighed and chased after him, muttering obscenities underneath his breath. Yong Hee smiled without any humor. She'd say such occurrences were rare, but then she'd be a liar.
Once she was outside her room, she fumbled for the room key, breathing in a sigh of relief once she was inside. It was quiet. It was chaos-free. It was her haven.
She kicked off her tennis shoes and flopped onto the queen-sized bed. One of the perks of working for a soon-to-be-big-name photographer was living in the lap of luxury. She could have never afforded such a sweet set up with her own money.
She reached for the remote, fully prepared to settle in and watch a drama or two when she heard someone pounding on her door. The door was thick and it was hard to hear, but she could faintly make out someone's drunken ramblings on the other side.
She slid off the bed, padding to the door. Peering through the peephole, she saw a boy she didn't recognize. It was the boy from before, Kai. She sighed and opened the door. Kai grinned at her, wobbling on his feet.
"Ya, is Tae Min here?" He slurred.
Yong Hee quirked an eyebrow. "Who the hell's Tae Min?" She demanded.
Kai frowned. "Don't lie to me. I know you have him hidden. Hide 'n seek! Marco, Polo! I will win!"
He was speaking nonsense. Yong Hee felt a headache coming on. She couldn't deal with drunk people. She just didn't have the patience.
"You know," she said, playing along. "I think I saw Tae Min over at the bar. I think you should go there."
Kai leaned in close; his breath fanned her face. He reeked of alcohol and cigarettes. Cigarettes... she winced, feeling the familiar craving curling in her gut. She dug around in her pocket, pulling out a lollipop. After popping it in her mouth, she felt the craving subside. Kai still hadn't moved away from her face.
"You... you're really good-looking," he said.
He nodded, almost losing his balance in the process. Yong Hee reached out a hand to steady him.
"Do you have abs?" He asked, once he felt the room stop spinning.
"That's... a weird question to ask."
"I have abs."
Before Yong Hee could even deign that with a response, Kai had unbuttoned his shirt. His skin was a bit darker than hers and his abs weren't bad at all. How unfortunate was it that years of spending time around half-naked models had made her completely immune to flashes of skin?
"They're... nice," she replied.
"I know, right?"
He wobbled over to her and grabbed the edge of her shirt. She stared down at him with growing horror. There were only two things he could possibly be doing and neither option sounded favorable to her.
"Let me see your abs!" He demanded, attempting to tug her shirt up.
She screeched. "Back off! This is harassment!"
He was quickly stopped, however, by the appearance of his friend from before. The guy was tall and very, very handsome. He was dressed to the nines and looked more like a model himself. His face, however, was set in a grim, almost mean expression. He stared down at Kai with a look of exasperation.
"There you are," he said.
Kai glared at the taller male. "Go away, Kris-hyung! I'm busy!"
The man, Kris, glanced at her. "Has he been bothering you?" He asked, ignoring Kai entirely.
Yong Hee wanted to be polite. She wanted to say something along the lines of, "Oh, no. He's not troubling me at all." But that would be a lie. And Yong Hee didn't lie.
"Yes," she said. "He's been bothering the hell out of me."
Kris' lips twitched as if he were fighting back a smile. He grabbed Kai by the shoulders and pulled him away, making Kai release his grip on Yong Hee's shirt. He whined, beating Kris' arm lightly with his fists.
Kris stared down at Kai like he would a child. "Why is your shirt unbuttoned, Kai?" He asked gently.
"I was showing my abs. They're very pretty, y'know!"
"Yes, they are." Kris turned back to Yong Hee apologetically. "I'm so sorry about this. Here." He slipped a business card into her hands. "Give me a call later this week and we'll work on negotiating some compensation for your troubles."
Yong Hee's eyes widened. "Oh, no. You really don't have to do that. I mean, yeah, he was bugging me, but he's harmless. I don't need money or anything."
Kris frowned. "I'm not just asking this for your sake," he replied. "I need to do this for my own piece of mind as well. I can't have you going to the press with this. It would ruin Kai's reputation."
"Ya, what kind of person do you take me for?" She hissed.
"It's better to be safe than sorry." He turned to leave, practically tucking Kai underneath his arm like a sack of potatoes. He glanced back a her once and smirked. "Call me this week and prove me wrong."
Kai turned around, waving. "Bye bye, hyung! Call me, hyung! We should hang out! Bye!" He said, voice trailing off as Kris carried him out of sight.
She frowned. "Did he just call me 'hyung'?" She muttered.
With a shrug, she stuffed the card into her pocket and went back inside. She'd worry about that later. For now, she was going to relax.
Lee Yong Hee
* Age: 22
* Personality: blunt; a horrible liar -- she can't lie very well to begin with anyway; relatively easygoing; often throws herself into work with no regard for her personal health;
* Family: an only child; has a good relationship with both her parents
* Quirks: used to be a heavy smoker at a young age -- she's currently trying to quit and uses suckers to curb her cigarette cravings (because of this her mouth is often stained with miscellaneous colors)
* Bio: Yong Hee's the assistant to an up-and-coming photographer known for his breathtaking portraits and ability to make anyone look attractive. When he was in the early stages of work, he'd use Yong Hee as his model. Given the right clothes and make-up, she transforms into a chameleon. She's known for her androgynous looks and rather tomboyish air. She's gotten a few model offers, but she's turned them all down, preferring to stand behind than camera rather than in front of it.
* Age: 19
* Personality: easy to get along with; makes friends easily, but rarely lets them get close enough to know him well; tries to be mature yet often reverts to a childish state to get what he wants; often has mood swings
* Quirks: likes to drink despite being underage; can't hold his liquor; a touchy, overly affectionate drunk
* Family: both parents passed away and his older brother doesn't approve of his decisions to model, so they don't talk; counts Kris as his only family
* Bio: Kai began modelling at a young age for an online clothing store and instantly shot to fame. Now, he's working the big time, modeling in the fashion shows of the biggest names in the business. He's wealthy, popular, and even has his own fanbase, but he's note happy. He hates modeling and would rather be a dancer. It's a shame that he can't dance. He practices in secret, though, whenever he has the time -- much to Kris' displeasure.
* Age: 23
* Personality: seems cool and a bit mean at first glance, but is surprisingly soft-hearted; takes his job very seriously; a bit uptight and a stick-in-the-mud; has a hard time letting loose to have fun
* Family: has a close relationship with his mother, but a distant one with his father; both his parents live in China
* Quirks: he gets bored easily, so he always keeps a puzzle of some sort (be it a Rubix cube or sudoku) in his pocket
* Bio: Kris has the looks to be a model, but is too clumsy to actually get out on the runway. He met Kai at a young age and struck a friendship with him, offering to be Kai's manager after the previous one ran off with half of Kai's earnings. He might harp at Kai about his life choices, but he really cares about him and only wishes him the best. He's a very efficient manager. He even has his own fanclub, but doesn't really care much. His job is more important than a group of screaming girls.
So... how do these guys sound? c: