I don’t know about you, but I could spend hours researching fashion hacks. There’s just something about them that I love. Maybe it’s because I spent so much time dealing with fashion.
When it comes to fashion, every girl has a few hacks they live by. We thought we would help make your life easier and curate a list of some of the best hacks around. In fact, some of these tips are so good, they have been around for decades!
1. Before you take your jeans to the tailor to be hemmed, wash them twice. You want them to shrink before you have them altered.
2. Blot don’t rub a stain if you spill something on your clothes. Rubbing deepens the stain.
3. Use hairspray to get a lipstick stain off clothing.
4. Add half a cup of vinegar + a quarter cup of salt to the wash when laundering your favorite jeans.
5. Use a shampoo for oily hair to remove grease stains from clothes.
6. Break in a new pair of boots with a blast of hot air from your blow dryer.
7. Jeans a little tight around the waist? Slip a hair tie through the button hole and around the button for a little extra room!
8. Dry clean your coats before putting them away during warmer weather. Don’t forget the moth balls to keep the moths out.
9. Replace your everyday bras every three to six months. This is when they lose elasticity and can no longer hold up the “girls.”
10. V-neck sweaters add length and height to a short torso.
11. Vintage clip-on earrings add a bit of whimsy to a plain flat shoe.
12. In a hurry? Iron only the part of your shirt that will actually be visible.
13. Beautiful scarves are easy to tuck into your carry-on and double as a wrap to keep you warm while traveling.
14. Want your legs to appear longer in that cute skirt? Wear a flesh colored pump.
15. If no one is around to help you with a zipper on the back of your dress, slip a long ribbon through the hole, put the dress on and pull the ribbon over your shoulder.
16. Keep a lavender sache in your the drawer with your undergarments so they always have a fresh scent.
17. Spritz white shirts with lemon juice prior to washing if yellowing is an issue.
18. Not sure what size jeans you should purchase? Go with the smaller size, denim stretches.
19. Baking soda is the best deodorizer known to man. Use it in your tennis shoes to combat odors.
20. Use accessories to your advantage. Stack them to turn a plain outfit into a statement ensemble.
21. Invite the most fashionable friend you have over to help you re-evaluate your closet. She will have fresh ideas for your clothes.
22. Double sided tape or a hot glue gun work well in a pinch for a hemming emergency.
23. Attach a safety pin to each of your bra straps, that way you will always have one if needed.
24. Stuff your soft shoes with socks while you are not wearing them. This helps maintain their shape.
25. Throw your delicates in a mesh bag to wash. This saves hand-washing time. “Ain’t nobody got time for that!”
26. Gray goes with nothing so it goes with everything
27. with a backless dress sew the cups of a bra in it
What are your favorite fashion hacks?
#fashiontrend #hacks #like
top fashion set on the homepage 3/11/15
Thanks guys! xox