O1 . comingg home , ♥
if you're coming home from school &+ you're going to be alone, you're routine should be a bit like this:
*get in the house ,
*put key where it belonggs
*check in with parentt . (text/call)
*do whateverr, (:
O2 . being scared D;
it's okay to feel scared ! it's your body's way of keeping you ALERT♥. here's a few scary situations &+ how you can fix themm(:
* it's too dark! you hate october . that's when the days start getting shorter . and coming homee to a darkk, empty house gives you the creeps.
- tell your parents how you feel. maybe they can install a light timer so that one or two lights will be on when you get homee(: they could also ask a neighbor to put on an outside light when it starts getting darkk. after you lock the door behind youu, turn on all the lights you need to feel comfortable, and close the curtains.
*where's my mom? :( your mom is usually home by 5:30, but it's 6:10 and she's still not home yet. you know she's probably still at workk, but you can't help but worry.
- work out a system with your mom so you know when she's goingg to be late. makee sure you guys agree on what's "late". 15 minutes? half an hour? an hour? know who to call when you're mom is running latee & can't be reached.
*what's that noise?! you'ree doing your homework when you hear the floor creak downstairs. your heart begins to jumpp. is somebody down there? or is it just your imagination?
- tame those noises that makee you nervous by getting to know themm. go on a noise hunt with an adultt. make a list of all the noises, & find an explanation for each onee. maybe it's the tree hitting a window, or the air vents creakingg. if the noises still bother youu, turn on the radio//tv to drown them out.
O3 . boredom busterss,(:
*writee in your diary! no one will be there to peek over your shoulder(;
*practice an instrument
*becomee an expert! choose a topic & learn as MUCH as you can about itt(:
*write a letter to your pen pal
*decoratee or rearrange your room♥
*makee a scrapbook! http://www.polyvore.com/scrapbooking_made_easy/set?id=42842430&lid=981888
*go on polyvoree!(:
O4 . beingg hungry !
some parents don't allow their kids to usee the stove while they're gonee . if you have that problem, try some of these no bake recipes !
O5 . being "lonely"
being alone doesn't mean being lonely! youu can keep in touch with friends &+ family with these cute ideas:
*JOURNAL♥ share a journal that you & another person takee turns taking homee & writing in. i had one in 6th grade, and it's so h i l a r i o u s too look back on. i'm actually thinking about making a set on it(:
*ViRTUAL BOOK CLUB♥ start a virtual book club where youu & a few people read the same book, and arrange phone calls to talk about certain parts of the book(:
* LETTERS♥ i know there's facebook&textingg, but do youu remember the feeling you get when you have a letter for YOU in the mail?(: write a friend a letter & send it!
O6 . sibling troubless!
if you have an annoying sister likee me, you might just wanna rip your hair out if you're home alone together. here's some " sibling saver gadgets " :
*HEADPHONES♥ your sister loves jamming to music while she does homework, but you need it to be completely silent. headphonees can fix this problem!(:
*KiTCHEN TiMER♥ if onee of you are a computer//phone hog, set the timer & take turns!
hope this is helpful(:
credit to the book;; " a smart girl's guide to staying home alone " ♥