- Similar itemDesign Charles & Ray Eames, 1956. Molded plywood, die-cast aluminum legs, leather upholstery. Made by Herman Miller® "Who would say that pleasure is not useful?" -Charles Eames. The Eames lounge chair is the culmination of Charles and Ray Eames' efforts to create comfortable and handsome lounge seating by using production techniques that combine technology and handcraftsmanship. Its heritage goes back to the molded plywood chairs pioneered by the Eameses in the 1940s. The Eames lounge chair is considered among the most significant and collectible furniture designs of the 20th century and is part of the permanent collection of New York's Museum of Modern Art. Charles Eames said his goal for the chair was the "warm, receptive look of a well-used first baseman's mitt." Every one is a special refuge from the strains of modern living. The first lounge chair, produced in 1956, was a birthday gift for friend Billy Wilder, the Academy Award-winning film director, and it made its public debut on Arlene Francis' Home show, which later became the Today show. With a grand sense of adventure, Charles and Ray Eames turned their curiosity and boundless enthusiasm into creations that established them as a truly great husband-and-wife design team. Their unique synergy led to a whole new look in furniture. Lean and modern. Playful and functional. Sleek, sophisticated, and beautifully simple. That was and is the "Eames look." Every lounge chair manufactured since the original has received the same meticulous handcrafted attention. The rich veneer and supple leather suggest old-fashioned luxury translated into modern forms, setting an enduring standard for comfort and elegance. In addition, the lounge chair is now available in a veneer called santos palisander, a lustrous veneer that has the same characteristics as the original rosewood, color and grain. The chair has 6-inch thick urethane foam cushions and rich leather upholstery available in your choice of colors. The wood is harvested exclusively from sustainably managed forests and is available in five finish options. All pieces are hand assembled with a built-in swivel mechanism. Chair: 32.75" w | 32.75" d | 32" h | seat: 15" h.
- Similar itemSubstantial pillars support the top of this Reclaimed Lumber Coffee Table, creating a sleek transitional colonnade between its top and undershelf with thick and attractive turned spindles at every corner. Handmade from genuine reused wood for an unmistakable appearance of history, this cocktail table is completed with multiple washes of translucent hues to vary and enhance the depth of the grain. Ground your living or family room with the earthy gravity of this coffee table. H:18.5" W:68" D:38". Made from Reclaimed Lumber. Finishes are hand applied and may vary by piece. Finish: Gray Wash Wax.
- Similar itemCole Black 4-Door Accent Cabinet. Chic modern accent chest. Black finish with white square pattern. Indented sides and angled legs. MDF construction. Black resin handles. Contemporary transitional style. Fully assembled. 58" wide. 20 1/2" deep. 37" high.
- Similar itemThe Eames lounge chair is one of the best-known examples of mid-century modern furniture. It's no wonder the Eames lounge chair is in the permanent collection of the New York Museum of Modern Art. Introduced in 1956, Charles Eames said he wanted the chair to have the 'warm receptive look of a well-used baseman's mitt.' A look that just begs you to relax in it. The lounge chair is hand-assembled with meticulous attention to detail. The shell is seven-ply veneer faced with cherry, walnut or Santos Palisander -- a richly grained wood that provides a sustainable alternative to the Brazilian rosewood used on the original chair. All of the wood used on the Eames lounge chair is harvested from sustainably managed forests. The upholstered leather cushions provide luxury, comfort and style in your choice of colors. The base is die-cast aluminum with a built-in swivel mechanism. Proudly made in the USA. Eames lounge chair: 32.75" w. 32.75" D. 32" H. Seat: 15" h.
- Similar itemOpulent in Gothic Revival details like arches and spindle turns, the Nine Leg Side Table is a masterpiece of carpentry with a round top ideal for displaying treasures. The knob-accented ring stretcher gives a compact look to an airy design that keeps your floor space open but lends complexity to your style. In total, the transitional table with its hand-rubbed black finish is uniquely elite. H:28.5" W:28" D:28.5". Finishes are hand applied and may vary by piece. Finish: Hand Rubbed Black.
- Similar itemPanel doors inset with metal mesh screens give our whitewashed cabinets rustic charm. Modeled after farmhouse built-ins, they’re handcrafted from solid pine and topped with hand-carved moldings. Modular construction makes them versatile and easy to place, for ample storage of everything from dinnerware in the dining room to books in the den to pantry essentials in the kitchen. Skeleton keys stand in for knobs to open and close the doors. Hand built from solid pine. Topped with hand-carved moldings. Doors are inset with metal mesh panels. Old-fashioned skeleton keys act as door pulls. Top and bottom units are separate. Top unit has six 41"-long shelves (three on each side of the unit) divided by a middle partition. Bottom unit has two 41"-long shelves (one on each side of the unit) divided by a middle partition. Distress-washed painted gray finish mimics signs of age that give the piece vintage character. In-home delivery with White Glove service.
- The Ashington evokes the English cupboard style with three trimmed drawers, an aged patina and an extra shelf underneath. Always on point, the table seems forever poised on tiptoe, thanks to its tapered hardwood legs. Hard-working in entryways, in living room or den, Ashington enhances traditional, global and contemporary decors alike. Which we like. 43"W x 13"D x 29"H. Mahogany brown. Particle board, meranti wood, veneer, metal, plywood, engineered wood. Assembly Required.
- Similar itemA relic of Celtic times, this unique console is hand crafted from solid mango wood with storage space hidden behind two doors that feature a unique medallion design. The top and bottom are connected by two elaborately carved pillars for additional interest. Perfect in the dining room, foyer or hallway of any home. Features: Hand carved details. Distressed finish. Solid wood construction. Dimensions : H:36.5" W:19.5" W:49.5".
- Similar itemCherner Lounge Chair: The lounge chair and ottoman designed by Benjamin Cherner is the latest addition to the Cherner seating collection. A molded plywood shell, solid bentwood arm and laminated wood base are combined to produce a dynamically comfortable and curvilinear form. Available with or without upholstered seat pads. Made entirely in the USA. Add the matching Cherner Lounge Ottoman for added comfort. Jules Seltzer Associates offers the Cherner Lounge Chair in a Vincenza and Sabrina Leather options as well as Maraham Divina Fabric.