1) UserName/Real First Name. Is there a meaning behind the user name you use? My username is Stardustnf. I started using the name “Stardust” when the online world was still quite new back in the early to mid-90’s. I chose it mostly because I was someone who was a bit of a dreamer, head in the clouds sort of thing. I had stardust in my eyes! I’ve used it as a username ever since, but once the internet grew, when joining a new site, I found that the name “Stardust” was often already taken. So I added the “nf” at the end to differentiate it. NF used to be the abbreviation for my home province of Newfoundland in Canada. My real name is Juanita.
2) When is your birthday? October 17.
3) What state do you live in? I actually live in Canada, in the beautiful province of Newfoundland & Labrador. It’s the eastern-most province in Canada, and also is the eastern-most point of land in North America. We’re so special here, we even have our own time zone. It’s a half hour later than the province closest to us.
4) How did you find Polyvore? Like pretty much everyone here, I found it through Pinterest. I kept seeing all these amazing outfits being posted, and eventually I clicked through to the site. When I realized what Polyvore was all about, and that I could join and style my own outfits, I was totally hooked. No, seriously…I’m completely addicted.
4) Your Favorite Designer(s) and why? Oh, that’s a hard one. There are so many that I love. Probably number one on my list would be Alexander McQueen, not because he’s close to my own personal style. Actually, it’s quite the opposite. His style has femininity, but with that edge. I’d love to incorporate more edginess into my own fashion. Oh, and lately Vivienne Westwood is also becoming a bit of an obsession.
5) What is your favorite article of clothing /your personal style? Well, as an administrative professional, during the week it’s mostly dress pants, blouses, and more formal tops. But on the weekend, I’m much more casual. Usually a nice pair of dark jeans with some pretty, colourful tops are the rule of the day.
6) Heels or flats? During the week, flats or low heels (lots of running around to meetings, back and forth to the printer, so comfort is what it’s all about). On the weekends, especially for a night on the town, it’s high heels all the way.
7) Your favorite color(s). My three favourite colours (as you’ll probably see from looking at my sets) are purple, teal, and any shade of red or burgundy.
8) What you love most about Polyvore? The chance to live out my fashion fantasies with no limits. That’s been an absolute blast. And also, the incredibly supportive community here at Polyvore. So many wonderfully talented people that I’ve learned so much from, and who have given so many words of support along the way. I love it here!
9) What you like least about Polyvore? That’s not a hard one, as I just recently had this happen to me. People who copy someone else’s sets. When you put in a lot of time and effort to get an outfit to look just right, even going so far as to search the internet for that one perfect piece to complete it, and then someone comes along and takes the entire look and passes it off as their own, it’s incredibly disappointing and frustrating.
10) What’s your Fav 5? Food: chicken, in any way, shape, or form. TV Show: A toss-up between House of Cards and Game of Thrones. Music: Sorry, can’t pin that one down to just one band/artist or genre, as I just adore music. My tastes run the gamut from alternative to pop to rock to folk and almost anything in between. Actor: Hmm, hard to narrow down. In no particular order, Robert Downey Junior, Johnny Depp, Kevin Spacey. Actress: Currently, Jennifer Lawrence. Such a down-to-earth, beautiful, funny girl with amazing talent.
11) What would you like us to know about you? Well, I’m pretty much what one would consider a geek. I love all things technological, love computers and the internet, love music in all its forms, and LOVE to read. A day is not a good day unless it’s had music in it, and a really good book. My iPhone and my Kobo are my two most prized possessions because of that. I’m a super optimistic person; if there’s a bright side to any situation, I can find it. I’m also passionate about world issues, and a bit of a political junky. And, of course, I love fashion. Mostly the creative aspects of it….trying to decide what item works with what other item, playing with the colours and the textures, and having the chance to “try on” being someone completely different every time I put a new outfit together. So yeah, that’s me, in a nutshell. I’m a bit of a mixed bag! Oh, and in case you couldn’t tell from this profile, I also love to talk….at length…especially about things I’m passionate about! Glad to have had the chance to give you all a bit a glimpse into the person behind the fashion sets. :)