- This gorgeous yew oyster bachelors chest was recently crafted in England as a Georgian-style reproduction. This chest is actually a restored RAF chest that probably dates back to just after the Second World War, around 1970. The hand-inlaid yew, having undergone a thorough antique-style finishing process, displays a rich grain and a distinct complexion that are complemented wonderfully not only by the striking oyster pattern itself but also by the brass drop pulls. With a classic two-over-three drawer design, this chest also contains plenty of storage space, and with dovetailed joints in every drawer–just as in antique furniture–this chest is also quite sturdy. Conveniently, this yew chest also comes equipped with a pull-out brush slide, which is inlaid with a surface of fine green leather bordered by gold tooling. Resting on strong shaped bracket feet, this elegant oyster bachelors chest will stand for generations to come, so it would make a fine addition to any furniture collection.
- Similar itemScandinavian modern coffee tables, mid century modern cocktail tables and Japanese minimalist furnishings all have an influence on the Genève. From lodge to loft and just about every place in between, this glass topped table works wonders. 17.5 inches high x 33 inches wide x 33 inches deep. Constructed out of kiln dried solid tropical hardwood. Finished in sandblasted antique wax. Clear beveled glass top. Weight: 65 lbs.
- Similar itemDesign Poul Kjaerholm, 1957. Stainless steel, ash wood, leather. Made in Denmark by Fritz Hansen. PK11 is a complex and beautiful chair carried by a three-legged satin brushed stainless steel frame. The chair was designed by Poul Kjaerholm in 1957 as a companion to the PK51 worktable designed that same year. Together, the two parts were originally designed as a matching set. Poul Kjærholm had a particular interest in various construction materials; especially steel, which he considered a natural material. He was a trained carpenter who continued studies at the Danish School of Arts and Crafts. He moved on to work at Fritz Hansen, for about a year, where he designed a number of noteworthy chair prototypes. In 1955, Kjærholm started collaborating with manufacturer Ejvind Kold Christensen, which lasted until his death in 1980. In 1982, Fritz Hansen took over the production and sales of "The Kjærholm Collection", developed from 1951 to 1967, designs, which are logical to the minute detail with an aura of exclusivity. PK11 armchair features a satin-brushed stainless steel frame with a lacquered ash arm and backrest. It is upholstered in a limited selection of leathers. 25.2" w | 17.3" d | 27.2" h | seat: 17"-17.3" h.
- Similar itemDesign Tadao Ando, 2013. Solid wood, down, cold foam, upholstery. Made in Denmark by Carl Hansen & Son. The Dream Chair was designed especially for Carl Hansen & Son by Tadao Ando as a tribute to Hans J. Wegner. It seeks to express the same harmonious, minimalist expression typical of Wegner's designs. The Dream Chair is a comfortable piece of furniture that invites relaxed reflection. A sculptural work of art in itself, the chair is particularly well suited for larger rooms where it can be seen and enjoyed from all angles. The Dream chair is made of three-dimensional plywood, which has special characteristics that allows it to be curved along two axles during the molding process. Tadao Ando is a leading figure in international architecture and design. He was initiated into the profession in the early 1960s, and has since developed his skills independently as his contemporary work has become increasingly sought after. Highly regarded as an expert in his field, Ando is one of the most renowned and respected architects in the world, influencing future generations with his innovative approach to design. The autodidactic architect is renowned for uniting Japanese design traditions with modern Western expression and combining pure, simple lines with geometric shapes and organic expression. Tadao Ando founded Tadao Ando Architects & Associates in 1969. He has since achieved international acclaim and his works have received numerous prestigious awards. The Dream Chair is available in either oiled or lacquered oak or walnut with or without upholstered front in leather or fabric. Both models include an adjustable neck cushion (2.75" adjustment) in your choice of upholstery. The chair can hold up to 350 lbs. 39.4" h | 33.9" d | 31.5" w | seat: 15" h. Quick-ship option: - walnut, clear lacquer, sif 91 headrest.
- Similar itemThe contrast of right angles and ample curves adds interest and a feminine attitude to the Mackenzie Cocktail table. Very mid century modern, this kind of piece would look great in a city apartment, in the company of a vintage Princess phone and Marimekko wall hanging. 17 inches high x 48 inches wide x 30 inches deep. Constructed from iron and glass. Hand applied antique silver leaf finish with champagne gold tint.
- Similar itemThis sturdy three-drawer chest features an attractive faux leather finish with a beautiful European style decorative design. With appealing colors,black lacquered Queen Ann-style legs,this handcrafted dresser is built to last.
- Similar itemDesign Hans Wegner, 1970. Stainless steel, European down, foam, upholstery. Made in Denmark by Carl Hansen & Son. The distinguished character of the CH102 2-seat sofa joins the CH100 series by Hans j. Wegner. It is a sumptuous sofa that works well on its own, in groups, or with the CH100 series of sofas. The CH102 lounge embodies Wegner's ideology and spirit for simplicity coupled with Carl Hansen's reputation for quality manufacturing. Wegner, with his unique understanding of materials, created many designs each with its own personality yet in a consistent language. This is part of a series that Wegner designed in 1970, produced in very limited numbers during the 1970s and reintroduced in 2008 on the occasion of Carl Hansen & Son's 10th anniversary. Hans J. Wegner is one of the architects and designers who made Danish Design world famous. Wegner inscribes his name in the history of design first and foremost via a range of tables and chairs which are without predecessors in furniture design, yet stand in their own right as the most natural thing in the world, inevitable like new letters in the alphabet. CH102 is hand made on a solid beech inner frame with polished stainless steel legs, visible frame and armrest fronts. Cushions are fully upholstered on all sides, built around a foam core wrapped in European down and foam granulate. This sofa series is completed by sofas & tables of various size options. 28" h | 30.3" d | 59.1" w | seat: 16.9" h.
- Similar itemJonathan Adler puts the emphasis on mod with the Claude modular furniture collection. The chest's clean lines and mid-century inspired details make a modern statement. 32.5"W x 17"D x 24.5"H. Walnut. Brushed brass details. 2 drawers, metal glides. Assembly required.
- Similar itemDesign Ole Wanscher, 1960. Solid wood, down molded cold foam, upholstery. Made in Denmark by Carl Hansen & Son. "Owning a Wanscher-chair is an adventure every day, and will be so even serveral hundred years from now, for this is how long it lasts." - Danish newspaper Politiken, 1958. OW602 is a classic Danish design redolent of both English and Oriental furniture-art. The sofa was originally designed for the Carpenters Guild Exhibition in 1960 as part of a complete living room set. It is a simple and beautiful 3-seater sofa, well suitable for the modern home. It has a simple timeless expression with its visible solid wood legs and firm yet soft upholstery providing great comfort. The sofa works equally well alone or paired. Ole Wanscher was born in Copenhagen in 1903 and was an architect and professor of architecture with furniture design as his specialty. He came to shape Danish furniture, both as a designer and as a master teacher. Construction and form were of the utmost importance to him, treating furniture design as if it was a branch of architecture. His furniture designs are now considered to be modern classics - sophisticated and functional with an exquisite attention to detail. The sofas are handmade over a frame of beech and offered with exposed wood legs in a variety of options. The cushions consist of a foam core surrounded by European down and cold foam, upholstered in your choice of fabric or leather. Available as a 2 or 3 seater (OW603) sofa. OW603: 31.5" h | 29.9" d | 84.3" w.