- Similar itemDesign Poul Henningsen, 1958. Spun aluminum, steel. Made in Denmark by Louis Poulsen. The PH Artichoke is considered to be a classical masterpiece. It was designed by Poul Henningsen more than 40 years ago. The structure is made of twelve steel arches. On this structure PH (Poul Henningsen) placed 72 copper "leaves" in twelve circular rows with six blades in each row. Because each row is staggered from the previous, all 72 leaves are able to "cover for each other". This design allows viewing the fixture from any angle without being able to see the light source located in the center of the PH Artichoke. The original PH Artichokes were developed for a restaurant in Copenhagen called the Langelinie Pavilion, and they are still hanging there today. Poul Henningsen was Born in Copenhagen to the famous Danish actress Agnes Henningsen. He never graduated as an architect but started practicing traditional functionalistic architecture, which led to a focus mainly on lighting which is what he is most famous for. His field of occupation also included areas of writing and. At the beginning of WWII, like other creatives, he was forced to flee Denmark during the German occupation but soon became a vital part of the Danish colony of artists living in Sweden. His lifelong collaboration with Louis Poulsen Lighting began in 1925 and lasted until his death. To this day, Louis Poulsen Lighting still benefits from his genius. Poul Henningsen's pioneering work concerning the relations between light structures, shadows, glare, and color reproduction-compared to man's need for light remains the foundation of the lighting theories still practiced by Louis Poulsen Lighting. 18.9" Dia. | 18.4" H | requires 1x200W max A-23 CL medium. 18.9" Dia.
- Similar itemColor form. Handmade of glazed terra cotta, this sculptural vessel takes modern shape in a bold gradation of color. Slender noir neck shifts from slick yellow to matte maize at angled base. Details and Dimensions: Beden tall vase. 6" Dia. X 19.5"H. Handmade. Glazed terracotta. Watertight. Wipe clean with soft dry cloth. Made in Portugal. Overall Dimensions: Height: 19.5" Diameter: 6"
- Similar itemBadash Golden Art Glass 11" Vase Mouth blown. Handcrafted. High quality. Superb Bridal gift. Lead free.
- Similar itemIn 2003, while opening their homewares store Niche in SoHo, Jeremy Pyles and Mary Welch were unable to find lights that satisfied their “super picky sensibilities.” Taking matters into his own hands, Pyles designed the subtly sexy hand-blown Stamen Pendant, and Niche Modern was born. Fast-forward several years later, and we now have his Sola 36 Chandelier (2009), which takes obvious styling cues from the original Stamen. This chandelier features a carefully handcrafted aluminum canopy and five hand-blown glass globes with Edison light bulbs for a nostalgic touch that juxtaposes nicely with the piece’s decidedly modern feel. Like snowflakes, no two of these chandeliers are alike. Specify 36-, 48- or 60-inch overall height when ordering. Bulbs (included): 40W Edison incandescent. Made in U.S.A.
- Similar itemThis whimsical "flowerhead" vase is fun, functional, and fabulous! Best of all, she's always in style and always in season. Individually handcrafted in white porcelain, the vase is designed with a series of small holes on top (see alternate image) that allow each flower stem to stay in place. Simply fill the water reservoir and fill with any small flowers to create a fantastic contemporary display that everyone will love! She is perfect for those small flowers in the garden that get no attention in a large vase - their day in the spotlight is here! Flowers not included.
- Similar itemPH Artichoke (1958) is a 360-degree glare free luminaire created by 72 leaves, which shield the light source, redirect and reflect the light onto the underlying leaves, giving distinct, unique illumination.
- Similar itemEnter the legend of Scandinavian design! The iconic suspension'' Artichoke'' (or Pomme de Pin) was designed by the Danish designer Poul Henningsen in 1958 to develop the restaurant'''' Langelinie Pavilion in Copenhagen. This suspension is characterized by its unique style sculptural quality lighting. The lampshade consists of several rows of metal sheets that overlap: 72 sheets total 12 arches mounted on chromed steel. The leaves are light reflectors: their provision was designed to allow light to both direct and intense while preventing dazzle light. Depending on the angle of view, Artichoke offers a different lighting effect that emphasizes the aesthetic model. The metal sheets form a geometric volume air around the light source they hide completely. This timeless masterpiece is one of the iconic pieces of work of Poul Henningsen, a leading figure of Danish design: it is the result of a genuine research on light scattering. All the PH Artichoke lamps come with an engraved unique identification number and certificate. You can register your lamp with its identification number on the website Louis Poulsen. In detail: Type : Pendant. Colour : Copper. Material : Copper - Internal base : chromed steel. Dimensions : Ø 48 x H 49,7 cmCable : L max. 400 cm. Characteristics : Bulb (not included) : 1 x 200W Transp. E27 - Cable surrounded with white fabbric.
- Material :åÊ HAND-BLOWN GLASS. Dimensions :åÊ 8" H x 7 1/2" Dia; 11" H x 9" Dia. åÊ
- Similar itemBulb SR1 Pendant Lamp by & Tradition. With Bulb, Danish light artist Sofie Refer lit up the new millennium and a new classic was blown. The shape refers to the first electrical light bulbs by using thick transparent glass. Sofie Refer continues and elegant Nordic tradition, adding her own passion and femininity. The small irregularities in the mouth blown glass make each of the pendants one of a kind and add the story of the glass master's personal efforts in changing sand, soda and chalk into a modern classic using a thousand year old methods. Details: Clear mouth blown glass with clear fabric cord, porcelain lamp holder and ceiling rose.. 60W E26 incandescent bulb A15 or short A19 QS. 6.5H x 4.3dia" Designed by Sofie Refer. Craft meets art. Function meets form. Material meets potential. This is our Nordic tradition and heritage. &Tradition aims to bridge these values to contemporary design, reshaping, redefining and reinventing materials, techniques and forms. &Tradition covers the masters of yesterday, the leading designers of today and the talent who may create the classics.