December 31, 2013
Just found a tag on Tumblr, so I thought it'd be a fun way to reflect on 2013...
1) What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Oh gosh I don't know!!! This makes me so sad.
2) Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Haha I had to look back at my Polyvore set from Jan 1 to see what my resolution was last year... And hmm I think I said I didn't really make resolutions because I never stick to them, which is true. But this year I'm formally making the resolution to eat healthy. I already started a few months ago and try to limit my snacks to yogurts, healthy cereal, fruits, oatmeal, and crackers. Which may not even seem that healthy, but trust me, I'm a bit of a chocolate glutton, so if my hands ain't on cake or brownies, that's a good thing.
3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
4) Did anyone close to you die?
5) What countries did you visit?
6) What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
I want to have a lot of fun. Idk. That seems cliche, but junior year just kind of sucked the life out of me, and now I just want to have a lot of whimsical movie nights, sleepovers, dinners, fro-yo runs, game nights, etc. with my friends. I just want to have more spontaneity in my life. More #yolo moments. Ya know?
7) What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Hmmm... Well, it's times like these when I regret not keeping that jar of "good things that happened to me in 2013" because I can't quite conjure up any moments right now. Lol. I guess, recently, for our Secret Santa exchange, we had a cutesy reveal party, and we were gonna watch a movie and stuff but then we just ended up playing Taboo all night long and it was so nerdy but it was the most fun I've had in a really long time. Idk I just really enjoyed it.
8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Surviving junior year? Lol I don't know. I guess doing well during my tennis season too. I was pretty darn proud of that.
9) What was your biggest failure?
Idk maybe kinda not always living up to the person I want to be.
10) Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope, I've been blessed that way :)
11) What was the best thing you bought?
Well I didn't buy it (thanks, Mom & Dad!) but omg my iPhone! Haha.
12) Whose behaviour merited celebration?
13) Whose behaviour made you appalled?
Umm idk just some people in my grade who've -- let's just say -- gotten a little wilder now that they're older and everything.
14) Where did most of your money go?
I don't even shop frequently because I still need to find a job, but if I did, it'd probably all be on clothes :D
15) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Ah idk!!! That I don't know an answer to this makes me sad, too.
16) What song will always remind you of 2013?
Oh gosh. Maybe "Wake Me Up" or "Royals"? Those are probably my favorite songs of the year.
17) Compared to this time last year, are you:
(a) happier or sadder?
Well the stress level is probably higher this time of year because... college. Lol. But I'd like to think I'm happier because I'm trying to have a more positive #yolo attitude about life. Lol.
(b) thinner or fatter?
(c) richer or poorer?
18) What do you wish you’d done more of?
Again, I wish I could've had more fun in my life. And I wish I could've been more outgoing, not so reclusive, etc.
19) What do you wish you’d done less of?
Not enjoy every moment
20) How did you spend Christmas?
Same as always. Just with my immediate family. And we always go to a Christmas party at family friends'.
21) Did you fall in love in 2013?
22) What was your favourite TV program?
Well you guys already know my favorites so I'll give you a new one I started this year... THE MINDY PROJECT (I think I started that this year). And probably The Fosters.
23) Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Well I don't *hate* anyone. Love, not hate, right?! No, I'd say I really found my "group" this year, and we're all really nice and all have a ton of fun together, so I try not to bother focusing on the people who annoy me.
24) What was the best book you read?
Is Everybody Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) - Mindy Kaling <3
25) What was your greatest musical discovery?
Bastille and Lorde probably
26) What did you want and get?
Um an iPhone and a guitar :)
27) What did you want and not get?
The perfect infinity scarf :(
28) What was your favourite film of this year?
Ooh idk I don't even watch a ton of films in the theaters. The last one I can remember is "We're The Millers" and that was hilarious. Lol.
29) What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Always my doggies :)
30) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Somewhere along the lines of edgy-chic maybe. At least that's what I try for. Lol.
31) What kept you sane?
Friends, family, Polyvore, Tumblr :)
32) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Haha well my Directioner phase has kind of faded so previously I probably would've said Harry Styles, but I don't even know anymore!
Actually, I so do know. JACK AND FINN <3 hehe
33) What political issue stirred you the most?
34) Who did you miss?
My family in the Philippines
35) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Oh, I don't know. I like to think I'm learning everyday. But here's a quote I just saw from one of my favorite books, "The Last Lecture," and I thought it was a good lesson to learn: “It's not about how to achieve your dreams, it's about how to lead your life, ... If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself, the dreams will come to you.” I don't know, but what I kind of got from that is that, if you live every moment in the right way, everything will fall into place.
36) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Oh my gosh are you kidding?! This is the best question ever but so hard.
Um I really don't know! I just looked back at some of my Polyvore titles and picked this one:
"I had a dream so big and loud, I jumped so high I touched the clouds..."
This year, I guess I kind of realized something I probably knew all along. I'm a dreamer. And especially now, as I look forward to the next chapter of my life, I see the sky as being the limit. So, I look forward to 2014 and hope I'll jump high enough to touch the clouds :)
So there you have it. My 2013 (with a touch of sap and sentiment).
Now I'll tag / dedicate this set to a bunch of people who've made my year on Polyvore great...
@hortensie, @luxecouture, @frenchkitty, @elsewhere69, @bestdressx, @hijabikebabi, @limabean-347, @raison-d-etre, @bittersweet89, @ekincetin, @rainie-minnie, @airplane, @iloveyoudd, @istylista, @sophiaspastic, @raisng614 , @rikka-alethea , @are-you-with-me , @ashley-rebecca, @nobody, @giko-is-giantsister, @leannesugarplum, @rosesred and I don't even know I'm probably missing a ton of people as always, but, really, I want to wish everyone a very HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hope it's great!
And cheers to a great 2013!
Edit: ahh @de-si-ree I just realized I forgot to tag you :( I'm really sorry! But I always see you liking/commenting on my sets so I just wanted to say thank you so much for all your support! Hope you have the most amazing 2014! <3