- This antique style double open bookcase was recently hand-crafted in England as a Georgian period reproduction and imported directly to our furniture store here in Atlanta, GA, USA. The mahogany has been treated to an elaborate finishing process that included hand-distressing and hand-polishing. As a result, the fine wood displays an incredibly rich complexion and grain just like antique furniture of old. Satinwood inlays around the top and down each vertical length also complement the mahogany beautifully. This bookcase is as sturdy as it is beautiful, with a strong plinth base and a total of ten strong bookshelves that are fully adjustable with wooden alligator brackets. For easier transport this bookcase does break down into four pieces (top, base, and two bookcase sections). It is easy to re-assemble; the two bookcase sections sit on the base and the crown holds them all together. Pre-drilled holes and screws are also included to further add to the bookcase’s stability. The shelf depth is 11 3/8″. This double open bookcase not only offers the finest in furniture-making materials and antique style craftsmanship but also the opportunity to consolidate your library (or the better part of it) into one beautiful bookshelf!
- Similar itemOur overstuffed Chas Tapestry Armchair looks and feels like it came straight from an English manor. Carved hardwood legs, button-tufted upholstery, nailhead trim and handsome tapestry accents make it a classic—all without squandering the inheritance. Exclusively Pier 1 Imports. Brown, natural. Handcrafted. Birch wood, rayon, polyester, metal, foam. 31"W x 37.50"D x 35"H. Spot clean only. This article meets the flammability requirements of California Bureau of Home Furnishings Technical Bulletin 117. Care should be exercised near open flames or with burning cigarettes. Assembly Required.
- There are coffee tables and there are statements. This piece is the latter. Crafted from burnished brass, the beauty of the metal is the star. Understated and earthy, this piece would be right at home in rustic, contemporary and even industrial spaces. 14.5" high x 39 inches diameter; bottom diameter 24.5 inches. Constructed from iron. brass patina finish on iron. Indoor use only. If used outdoor, must spray with rust proofing and use under covered areas.
- Organize your office in style with this handmade triple bookcase. If you are familiar with antique English furniture, then you know: traditional English furniture consistently features a fluid combination between aesthetic mastery and enduring utility. This bookcase is certainly no exception. Treated to an elaborate finishing process, the burl walnut displays a rich complexion and a striking grain, while the Georgian style moulding and break front design look especially striking. With storage space totaling at an impressive eighteen shelves–three of which are contained within the locking cabinets–this bookcase has plenty to offer for your library or office. Additionally, the exterior shelf space is completely adjustable by means of an alligator bracket system, which was popular during the Georgian and Victorian periods. Of course, because this bookcase is handmade by a third-generation English cabinetmaker, it is very sturdy, containing thick, strong shelves and resting on a firm plinth base. And don’t worry about moving this large bookshelf around, since it disassembles into the three sections demarcated by the break front design, and this is how the piece will ship.
- Similar itemDesign Warren Platner, 1966. Painted metallic bronze wire rod base , glass, marble or wood top. Made in Italy by Knoll. In the 1960s, Warren Platner transformed steel wire into a sculptural furniture collection, creating what is now considered a design icon of the modern era. The Platner collection's unique harmonious forms are produced by welding steel wire rods to circular frames, producing a moire effect and capturing the decorative, gentle, graceful quality that Platner sought to achieve. All metal components are finished in bright nickel with a clear lacquer protective coating. The Platner collection also includes a side chair, lounge chair, stool plus dining and tables. The frame of the Platner table collection features vertical steel wire rods welded to circular horizontal and edge-framing rods. The Base has a clear plastic extrusion ring that creates a smooth bottom surface. This collection is offered in your choice of a variety of top options and the base is available in either a bright nickel or metallic bronze. Medium: 36" w | 15.25" h | base: 18.5" w. Large: 42.25" w | 15.25" h | base: 18.5" w.
- Similar itemBeautiful, rugged-looking chairs full of English farmhouse charm. Inspired by antiques, but more generously sized for comfort. The hand-woven rush-look seat adds a natural touch. Distressed and finished by hand to suggest years of natural wear. Woven, authentic rush seat. Additional premium vintage finishes are available for order at your local design center.
- This mid-century modern chair adds as a contemporary focal point to any room. It features elegant upholstery and its look is completed with fashionable cone legs. Features: Fashionable cone legs. Handmade. Spot clean only. Made in the USA. 1 Year limited warranty, excludes fabric.
- Similar itemHas the architectural ever been more opulent? For centuries, gilding—the application of thin sheets of beaten gold—has been practiced by masters of the form. We decided to update the old-world technique for a distinctly modern glow, layering gold tissue over a solid hand-forged iron pedestal base before burnishing and distressing it. To dial up the lavishness even more, we select each marble stone is for its inimitable striations of ivory veins and caramel flecks through a multitude of deep browns. The result is simply a knockout, a centerpiece for any home unafraid of going all the way. Features: Gold leaf finish. Metal frame and marble top. Dimensions: 18" H x 40" Diameter.
- This gorgeous antique style mahogany eight foot bookcase was recently hand-crafted in England as a Georgian period reproduction. The mahogany has been treated to an elaborate finishing process that ended in a fine coat of hand-rubbed wax, which has a double benefit: not only does the wax enrich and protect the beauty of the wood, but it is easily maintained for long periods of time. Waxing a piece just twice a year will keep it looking new indefinitely. As a result, the mahogany and satinwood string inlays on this bookcase look incredibly rich, and will continue to do so for years to come. The six shelves are all fully adjustable, as well, making this bookcase a very flexible piece. Of course, this bookcase is also extremely sturdy, making it the perfect combination of beauty, utility, and durability.