- sirmitchell: “ Tonight’s moon. Taken with a Rebel XTI through a Celestron 90 AZ. ”
- The ring around the Moon is caused by the refraction of Moonlight (which of course is reflected sunlight) from ice crystals in the upper atmosphere. The shape of the ice crystals results in a focusing...
- Helsinki, FInland.
Moon was so bright that I even could read without the lamp.
- On White And the moon and the stars were gifts you gave to the night and the empty skies by Nedieth [Large]View And the moon and the stars were gifts you gave to the night and the empty skies by Nedieth [Large] (a photo hosted by Flickr.com) on a plain white background.
- The super moon appeared about 14 percent bigger and 30 percent brighter than normal full moons and was the brightest of 2012.
- Looking like a child's pinwheel ready to be set spinning by a gentle breeze, this dramatic spiral galaxy is cataloged as NGC 1309. In this image, observations of the galaxy taken in visible and infrared light come together in a colorful depiction of many of the galaxy's features. Bright blue areas of star formation pepper the spiral arms, while ruddy dust lanes follow the spiral structure into a yellowish central nucleus of older-population stars. The image is complemented by myriad far-off background galaxies. Spiral Galaxy NGC 1309 image is available as a public-domain, downloadable file directly from NASA, but if you don't have a high-quality inkjet printer to make your own print, order one here and I'll ship it out to you asap. + Size: 8 x 10 inches + Paper: Arctic Polar Satin + Ink: Ultrachrome pigment inks + Border: None + Shipping: USPS First Class Note: This image is also available on glossy and matte paper.
- Astronomy: pictures from the NASA Hubble space telescope. galaxy, ic405.
- A New York City design blog, featuring single serving suggestions of beautiful design. Lovingly curated by Jeannie Huang.
- Download free Orion nebula space galaxy public domain image picture.
- Monster galaxies with supermassive black hole hearts released fierce blasts that superheated the universe about 11 billion years ago, a new study says.
- Beautiful star space galaxy scifi images for space people
- A different astronomy and space science related image is featured each day, along with a brief explanation.
- The universe is 13.7 billion years old with a visible diameter of at least 93 billion light years? Therefore I have collected a few exampl