royals // lorde
layout inspired by my girl @death-as-a-fetish
the rules of the tag are:
Rule 1, always post the rules
Rule 2, answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write 11 new ones for people you tag to answer [the questions I wrote are at the very end!]
Rule 3, tag 11 new people
ABBEY’S QUESTIONS (@turn-around-bright-eyes)
1. If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
This question is actually such a struggle because I live for finding new music, but one song I’ve had on repeat since forever is Black and Gold by Sam Sparro…I first heard it years and years ago in the Fame movie remake and I’ve loved it ever since. I just downloaded it onto my iPod recently and it’s just such a good song for everything!
I also really love the song Gold Star Mothers by Hammock, I listen to it every night while I’m falling asleep. It’s just a phenomenal instrumental track and it’s so relaxing. I listened to it at nationals before I competed as well, so it’s another sort of all-purpose song for me, and it’s so good.
Although knowing my luck something would happen (a cruel twist of fate!) and I would get stuck listening to Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men for all of eternity. (If I end up in helll, that will be my soundtrack.)
2. If you could star in a television show, which show would you choose?
Probably either Modern Family or The Office…my life is a sitcom just in general anyway though so most of the time it feels like I’m starring in a television show as it is.
3. Where do you do your best thinking?
Up at my desk in my room.
4. What's your favorite piece in your wardrobe?
The best thing I’ve had for a while is this mac + jac dress from JC Penny’s…it’s a dark blue floral with a v-neck and a collar and a cutout in the back. It’s my absolute favorite, and I wear it as much as I can. Last night, I went out and bought a peplum top from AE (it was on clearance and it was maybe $8? SUCH A GOOD BUY) and I can tell that it will be something that’s in heavy rotation once school starts. It’s just plain black jersey material, and it’s not as structured as a regular peplum top.
5. If you could name a nail polish what color would it be and what would you call it?
Well, I really think Disney is missing a market because they haven’t come out with a princess nail polish collection yet…like a perfect Cinderella blue, a gold like Belle’s gown in Beauty and the Beast, et cetera. So that would be a cool thing to do. I’m also forever on the hunt for the perfect pale pink. No idea what I’d name it, though.
6. What's your least favorite food?
I never liked cantaloupe.
7. Who's your favorite person in the entire world?
Probably my friend Meg, sometimes she’s a superficial idiot but I still love her to death. She’s the most entertaining person I know and we’ve been best friends for almost seventeen years now, so she must be doing something right.
8. Cats or Dogs?
Even though I am an active member of the Future Cat Ladies of America Society, I am a dog person through and through.
9. Name any other members of Maroon Five besides Adam Levine (I can't do it)
…This is impossible.
10. What's your dream vacation?
Santorini, Greece or Florence, Italy.
11. What were your parents like when they were the age you are now?
My dad was the homecoming king, and my mom was a cheerleader. Therefore, I am a genetic anomaly because I am definitely not a cheerleader and I will most likely not even be on homecoming court, much less actually get crowned queen. Not that I care, but, just saying. Anomaly.
SAFA’S QUESTIONS (@deercat)
1. How do you feel about the lovely new royal baby and the royal family in general?
So, here’s my opinion: why do we care so much about the offspring of the royal family from which we declared our independence? #unpopularopinion #sorrynotsorry
2. What’s a song lyric you associate with a really positive lovely memory, and one you associate with a sadder memory?
Oh, good lord I can’t do this. I’ll just name songs I guess?
So probably “I Won’t Give Up” by Jason Mraz for the happy memory because that was the theme song of XC last year. And not that that was in any way a good time looking back on it, but at the time it was great and 98% of the time this song was playing or being sung.
Or “Inner Ninja” by Classified because that was played every single bus ride in Indoor. And that was a helll of a season.
The sad memory…”Always Gold” by Radical Face. The feels, the feels.
3. You can have a dinner party with eight people, alive or dead. Who do you choose?
Taylor Swift. Emma Watson. Lorde. Florence Welch. Ellie Goulding. Ingrid Michaelson. Nicolas Cage (HA). Chris Nolan.
4. What’s your favorite season and why?
Well, I love autumn. School starts. The September Issue is a thing that happens. Fall clothes are just the best. It’s chilly but not too cold. And, it’s xc season which is my favorite and my least favorite all at the same time! And there aren’t any big exams to study for like midterms or APs. AND HOMECOMING!!!
5. Do you have a tumblr? If so, what is it?
I had a tumblr for about two weeks back in the day and my dad found it and made me take it down. So, no tumblr for Laur. I am on twitter, though, which is a pretty recent and exciting development in my life.
6. Tell me a story about your crush/boyfriend/girlfriend!
I currently do not have any one of those! And because of what happened the last time I posted things concerning this topic I wouldn’t tell you guys anyway…
7. What’s a talent you have that you think is unique?
Sometimes I jump over stuff. I’m not very talented past that.
8. Describe yourself in five words.
Spastic. Determined. Anxious. Obsessive. Phoenix.
9. Come up with a brand new food dish off the top of your head and describe it to us. It can be anything—
dessert, dinner, breakfast, snack, whatever.
10. If you had a dream day dedicated to you and what you want to do, what would you do?
Track stuff, basically. Lots of workouts and stuff like that. I’m boring, I know. I’d probably also take a quick trip up to the Cornell track because I WANT TO DO THAT. AND GO THERE and stuff.
SAFA YOU ONLY WROTE TEN QUESTIONS WHO EVEN ARE YOU
(I’m going to be a loser and answer my own questions, haha)
1. Favorite cycle of America’s Next Top Model?
Probably cycle 15 or 16, but I’ll watch anything before the J’s and Nigel left.
2. If you could live one day of your life over and over again, which would it be? (It can be something that already happened or something you’re looking forward to, like the day you get accepted into college or get married or something.)
My first state championship win in the high jump/the first time I go All-American/signing day. I can’t choose! (None of these things have happened yet…but they all will in the next 365 days!)
3. How do you feel about the song “Little Talks” by Of Monsters And Men?
HATE IT. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT WITH A PASSION BURNING BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN.
4. When do you/did you start school?
Senior year begins September third. HELP.
5. Favorite social networking site?
Currently Twitter and Pvore. I don’t have an Insta or a Tumblr though, so I’m not really qualified I guess?
6. Name your top five favorite bands. This is surprisingly hard.
Passion Pit, Coldplay, Bastille, Imagine Dragons, Florence + The Machine.
7. Can you tie a knot in a cherry stem with your tongue or balance a spoon on your nose?
8. What is the best concert you have seen live?
PASSION PIT. Or Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros. Or MGMT. But probably Passion Pit.
9. Who is your favorite character in Harry Potter?
I’ve always loved Hermione.
10. What’s the craziest thing you’ve done this summer?
Jumped 5’8” at a pickup meet in Penfield. Never thought that would happen.
11. Name one trend you are really excited to try for fall.
I bought a peplum top last night, and I can’t wait to wear that. I’m also probably going to try mixing more patterns into my wardrobe.
Tagging; @death-as-a-fetish @n-efelibata @stars-and-moon @nifty-nikki @leboutonderose @my-mind-is-a-warrior @haute-hippie @curious-and-young @pentax @henna-enjoys-the-little-things @hijabikebabi