“If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.” - Tony Morrison
“I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I'm afraid of. ” - Joss Whedon
“Write with the door closed, rewrite with the door open.” - Stephen King
* * *
Have you ever had the urge to write but didn't have a way to keep you motivated? Have you ever wanted constructive criticism but didn't have someone to provide that for you? Have you ever wanted to write and have people read your work?
Welcome to The Writer's Nook, a group aimed to provide all the writer's on this website with an friendly outlet for their writing. It's our intention here to be able to freely share our work whether it's a short story, some poems, novel, or a work-in-progress by either submitting to the group or by participating in contests.
The scariest moment is always just before you start (as said by Stephen King) and here at The Writer's Nook, we aim to help you out. All you have to do is say yes and press your fingertips to either the pen or the keys.
- Member Guidelines // By joining this group you agree to...
+ make this a safe environment for aspiring writers. this means we shall not put down any other members for who they are as a person or for what they write.
+ provide constructive criticism when needed or simply complement each other on what they've written.
+ keep an open mind. we understand that not everyone writes in the same point of view nor shares the same writing style. we shall appreciate each others differences.
+ not post irrelevant sets. please don't clutter this group with random sets or group advertisements. if you want us to advertise for you group, just ask one of the mods and we most likely will!
+ have fun. writing isn't meant to be torturous and neither is this group.
- Connect with the Group // Here is a collection of some of our member's work. (I shall try my best to keep this section constantly updated but please don't be mad if I'm a little behind.)
+ Novels // http://www.polyvore.com/novels/collection?id=2648414
+ Poems // http://www.polyvore.com/poems/collection?id=2653961
+ Novellas //
- Connect with the Staff // It's our goal to be more than just the people who run this group but someone you can feel comfortable asking for advice. You can either ask by directly PM-ing a mod on this website or by using our Ask account.
+ Rae // http://little-miss-rae.polyvore.com/
+ Eliza // http://flowersforalice.polyvore.com/
+ Larissa // http://larissa-xo.polyvore.com/
+ Keziah // http://keziahh.polyvore.com/
+ Taylor // http://luxecouture.polyvore.com/
>> Uncomfortable with directly messaging one of us? Here are two other resources you can use to ask us questions:
- Helpful Writing Blogs // Here are a list of various writing websites that provide helpful advice and tips:
+ F.uck Yeah Character Development-
+ Writer Chatter-
+ Writer's Friend-
+ Beating Writer's Bane-
+ It's a Writer Thing-
+ Writing Frenzies-
+ The Writers Helpers-
+ Total Rewriter-
+ Keyboard Smash Writers-
+ Yeah Write!
- Writing Blogs // Here are a list of various websites where you can post your work. (Some require you to post in forums though, I believe.):
+ Writer's Digest-
+ Absolute Write-
this group was created june 27th, 2013 by little-miss-rae.
i'm just a soul whose intentions are good.